Following on from the successful project Rh(e)in-Solar, the story continues with PROOF. This new project aims to develop large area photovoltaic panels with high power conversion efficiency, that are to be integrated into roofing products. This technology will be used in roofing membranes and translucent domes (or skylights) for daytime illumination of indoor spaces. These “solar” membranes and skylights permit the valorisation of roofing surfaces of commercial and industrial buildings by giving them a function of electricity production.
- Develop large area photovoltaic panels adapted to roofing elements of commercial and industrial buildings,
- Demonstrate the benefits of the organic technology in comparison with existing technologies in the field,
- Pave the way for new applications,
- Strengthen the momentum for renewable energies.
- Polymer Synthesis
- Optimisation of Design Parameters of Photovoltaic Devices
- Production of Encapsulated Photovoltaic Modules for Large Areas
- Pre-industrial Development of Demonstrators
- Industrial Development Outlook